WITSA Directors, Officers and Steering Committee
Membership Criteria & Procedures
The World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA) is a consortium of over 60 information technology (IT) industry associations from economies around the world. As the global voice of the IT industry, WITSA is dedicated to:
- advocating policies that advance the industry’s growth and development;
- facilitating international trade and investment in IT products and services;
- strengthening WITSA’s national industry associations through the sharing of knowledge,
- experience, and critical information;
- providing members with a vast network of contacts in nearly every geographic region of the world;
- hosting the World Congress on IT, the premier industry sponsored global IT event;
- hosting the Global Public Policy Conference; and
Founded in 1978 and originally known as the World Computing Services Industry Association, WITSA has increasingly assumed an active advocacy role in international public policy issues affecting the creation of a robust global information infrastructure, including:
- increasing competition through open markets and regulatory reform;
- protecting intellectual property;
- encouraging cross-industry and government cooperation to enhance information security;
- bridging the education and skills gap
- reducing tariff and non-tariff trade barriers to IT goods and services; and
- safeguarding the viability and continued growth of the Internet and electronic commerce.
WITSA has a real impact on the global IT environment. It strengthens the industry at large by promoting a level playing field and by voicing the concerns of the international IT community in multilateral organizations, including the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the G-8 and other international fora where policies affecting industry interests are developed. WITSA statements are available here.
Mr. Dan E. Khoo, Vice President; the Malaysian Multimedia Development Corporation Sdn Bhd, is Chairman of WITSA; Fujitsu Limited General Manager David A. Olive is the WITSA Public Policy Chairman. TechAmerica President Phil Bond is President; George C. Newstrom and Robert B. Laurence are Chairmen Emeritus; and James M. Lewis, Esq. is the WITSA General Counsel. For a listing of members and further information about our programs and activities, visit http://www.witsa.org.
World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA)
8300 Boone Boulevard, Suite 450
Vienna, VA 22182-2633
Tel. Tel. +1 (571) 265-5964
Fax. +1 (703) 893-1269