WITSA Recognizes 2018 Global ICT World Award Winners
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 20, 2018
Contact: Anders Halvorsen email@example.com +1 571 265‐5964
- WITSA is the most comprehensive and influential entity representing the Information and Communications technology (ICT) and services industry in the world
- Awards recognize the entities that made the most significant contributions to mankind in 2018.
- Eight “Global ICT Excellence” awards and two “Chairman” awards were presented by to the winners.
- 2018 Chairman's Award: Electronics Service Delivery (ESD) - MeeSeva, Government of Telangana
- 2018 Chairman's Award: TUMO center for Creative Technologies
- 2018 Public Sector Excellence Award: Ministry of Science and ICT & Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (for the "National Science & Technology Information Service")
- 2018 Private Sector Excellence Award: Acer ITS Inc. for Acer Smart Parking Meter
- 2018 Sustainable Growth Award: National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia (NAHRIM): Malaysia Climate Change Knowledge Portal (N-HyDAA)
- 2018 Mobile Excellence Award: SSI of Institute for Information Industry (III)- for XParking 2018 Digital Opportunity Award: Digital Education Institute (DEI), Institute for Information Industry (III) for Learning Beyond School Alliance
- 2018 Digital Opportunity Award: Information Society S.A.: Broadband Network Development in White Rural Areas of Greece
- 2018 Innovative e‐Health Solutions: Electronic Health Record Sharing System (eHRSS), Electronic Health Record Office of Food and Health Bureau of The Government of the HKSAR/ Hospital Authority
- 2018 Emerging Digital Solutions Award (WEDS): Nesplora: For analyzing human behavior using immersive technologies
Finally, WITSA issued fourteen merit awards. While not being selected as winners of one of the award categories, these merit winners nevertheless displayed first-rate use of ICT.